Recently we stumbled upon an article from CNN written back in 2012 entitled “5 warning signs of gaming addiction”.
One of the leaders in that field is Dr. Han Doug-hyun, from Chung-Ang University Hospital in Seoul, South Korea’s capital. Han’s research lab treats people who are addicted to games using techniques similar to those used to treat alcoholics, including counseling and virtual-reality therapy
South Korean psychiatrist gives 5 warning signs of gaming addiction;
Here are Han’s top 5 warning signs of gaming or Internet addiction:
1. Disrupted regular life pattern. If a person plays games all night long and sleeps in the daytime, that can be a warning he or she should seek professional help.
2. If the potential gaming or Internet addict loses his or her job, or stops going to school in order to be online or to play a digital game.
3. Need for a bigger fix. Does the gamer have to play for longer and longer periods in order to get the same level of enjoyment from the game?
4. Withdrawal. Some Internet and gaming addicts become irritable or anxious when they disconnect, or when they are forced to do so.
5. Cravings. Some Internet and gaming addicts experience cravings, or the need to play the game or be online when they are away from the digital world.
What are your thoughts? Does your Son or Daughter struggle from Video Game Addictions?
Learn more about our specificÂ Boys Addiction Treatment Programs HERE
Learn more about our specificÂ Girls Addiction Treatment Programs HERE
What are your thoughts? Do you believe they have changed since then
To read the entire article, you can visit the following: South Korea’s government tries to prevent and treat Internet and … via 5 warning signs of gaming addiction – CNN.com