Some people, at times, are mislabeled as sex addicts; sex addiction has become a sort of a blanket reason for number of different types of deviant and, sometimes even normal, sexual behaviors.Even people who simply enjoy sex and do not exhibit any compulsive sexual behavior can be mislabeled as sex addicts.
It is important that there be a clear difference between people who simply enjoy sex and don’t have any anomalous sexual behavior issues, and the people who experience uncontrollable sexual impulses and are in fact sex addicts. Here are some important facts about sex addiction that will help outline such differences:
- People with psychological disorders, such as bipolar or personality disorder, are more likely to engage in risky sexual activities.
- Adults and teens alike are more likely to exhibit compulsive sexual behavior if they are struggling with their sexual identity or orientation.
- People so suffer from extreme sexual deviation, may commit sexual offenses. Such people are not sex addicts and cannot be cured with usual sex addiction treatments.
- Teens or Adults, who have a history of sexual abuse, are more prone to becoming sex addicts or repeating the pattern of their abuse. Star Guides Wilderness has a specific program that can help teens with history of sexual abuse and sex addiction issues.
- Teens and young adults with low intellectual prowess have a greater chance of developing uncontrollable sexual impulses, because they may struggle to comprehend society’s definition of appropriate sexual behavior.
- Alcohol and drug addiction can often lead people to develop sexual addiction. Often, in search for the ultimate high, such individuals will commit extreme and dangerous sexual acts.
- Sexual addiction in adults and adolescents is difficult to manage without a proper treatment program. Star Guides Wilderness provides a unique program that can aid in treating sex addiction in teens and young adults.
The facts above can, hopefully, clarify the difference between sexual offenders, normal sexual behavior and sex addicts. It is essential to know this information, so the right type of therapeutic program can be selected to help the individuals in need of guidance and treatment.
STAR Guides is a first of its kind addiction therapy center. It offers uniquely designed wilderness therapy for adolescents struggling with sexual behavior issues. STAR Guides provides navigation for the whole family of people faced with the challenge of disruptive sexual behaviors. Sexual compulsivity, pornography, cyber-sex addiction and sexual offences are some of the issues that are treated in this program.
For more information, please visit http://starguideswilderness.com/